Contour Software, Lahore, Pakistan
AMT-SYBEX has been providing business critical solutions to customers in the energy, utilities and transport sectors for over 20 years. We deliver scalable and reliable transactional, data handling and analytics solutions to energy sector clients, plus EAM and Mobile Field Workforce solutions to a range of asset-centric companies. We operate a number of independent Business Units:
- Leasepoint – Aviation Leasing solutions
- Flow – Energy solutions
- Enterprise Asset Management and Mobile
As part the Jonas Group of companies, we offer excellent opportunities for progression throughout UK and globally.
Reporting to the Technical Project Manager, we are looking for a hands-on senior developer, who will inspire and collaborate with team to ensure the effective design, development, testing and release and maintenance of our products.
Adopting agile methodology, encourage continuous improvement of our products, toolsets and processes.
The ideal fit for the company is a personable Developer with at least four years of experience. The team work with modern tech and promote software development best practices so they are keen for Developers that can produce clean quality code.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Accountable for ensuring the completion of User Stories are in line with the sprint schedule
- Report to the TPM on progress towards overall running Projects
- Liaise with the Product Owner on progress
- Responsible for ensuring the development meets expected company standards (e.g., development documentation standards)
- Assigning tasks to junior developers such as coding, testing, debugging, and analytics.
- Conducting feasibility studies for upgraded software systems.
- Working with offshore and onshore delivery teams
- Maintaining and supporting Flow products and improving the performance of existing software
- Work collaboratively with test teams agreeing test cases
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or an equivalent qualification in another technical field.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Java/Scala technology stacks
- Development of high-performance code in Java in a multi-core environment
- Minimum four years development experience
- Personable with the ability to build effective working relationships with team members
- Experience with Scala, or other functional programming paradigm
- Awareness of Agile/Scrum and Waterfall, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Websphere development
- Familiarity with some of the following frameworks/specification: JAX-WS, JDBC, EJB3, JMS, Spring, Hibernate.
- Exposure to one or more of the following application server systems: WebSphere, JBOSS, Weblogic, NetWeaver.
- Exposure to one or more of the following RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- Experience of code management using git
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Maven build automation tooling
Your Personal Characteristics will include:
- Results driven and self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude and determination to get software deployed
- Ability to support/coach developers both onshore and offshore
- Both willing and keen to learn new technologies
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to suggest technical solutions to problems where required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Good listening and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- The ability to take ownership and deliver results
- Good team player, yet willing to take personal responsibility for resolution of issues
- Be energetic, motivated, and enthusiastic
Dealing with Ambiguity
Developing Direct Reports and Others
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment
Industry: Information Technology
Total Positions: 1 Post
Job Shift: First Shift (Day)
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Job Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Gender: No Preference
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Minimum Experience: 4 Years
Apply Before: Nov 25, 2022
Posting Date: Aug 24, 2022