Applicants are invited for Berkeley – AIPS Urdu Language Programme based at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) in Pakistan. The program will award annual fellowships to up to ten US-based students.
The aim of the programme will offer daily classroom instruction, five days a week, for approximately fifteen weeks. Classes will be small and individual tutorials provided.
The American Institute of Pakistan Studies (AIPS) at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, established in 1973. An affiliate of the Association for Asian Studies, the institute regularly holds events such as seminars, public lectures, and conferences on various topics related to the Pakistan Studies.
- Application deadline: January 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for the Urdu Language.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following expenses:
- Round trip economy class airfare to Lahore, Pakistan on a U.S. carrier.
- Visa fee for Pakistan.
- Admission, tuition, and hostel fees for LUMS.
- Travel & Emergency Evacuation Insurance coverage of up to $500 for the duration of the program.
- A monthly maintenance allowance of $1,000.
- All excursions and activities that fall within the program.
- Nationality: Applicants from the USA are eligible are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Pakistan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the USA are eligible are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate intermediate level expertise in Urdu before starting the program.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.