HEC connects gifted students and faculty with the best research universities in the world through its much sought-after international scholarship program.
Overseas Scholarships (90%Category):
Scholarships are awarded every year for Direct PhD & MS/MPhil leading to PhD Program under this category. Scholars are placed in those technologically advanced countries that have no/nominal/special tuition fee rates for which HEC and higher education agencies and universities in the host countries have signed Memorandum of Understandings. The process takes almost 10-12 months from scholarship announcement to award of scholarship. These scholarships are for all disciplines however provincial and discipline quota is maintained keeping in view the national needs.
Under this category, out of the total 2000 scholarships, 1800 scholarship (90%) are to be awarded in total and thus 450 scholarships were to be awarded every year for Master/MPhil leading to PhD program. Scholars are placed in those technologically advanced countries that have no/nominal/special tuition fee rates for which HEC and higher education agencies and universities in the host countries have signed MoUs. So for three batches has been advertised under the said category
To create a critical mass of highly qualified Engineer, Technologists, and Scientists Manpower in high-tech fields
To build up the capacity of Universities, Research & Development Organizations and Industries in Pakistan through addition of PhD’s in priority fields.
Considerable intellectual activity is expected to be generated through this scheme as groups of scientists, technologists and social scientist would be engaged in publishing their research work. It is expected that good number of papers/studies could be produced annually. The scheme would provide our system an impetus for an out-put and productivity. Major organizations & universities would be increasing their R&D by absorbing specialized trained manpower. A number of new R&D Projects having economic returns can thus be launched.
The current scheme would supplement HEC efforts for provision of adequate number of trained PhD manpower, to support technology upgrading, develop high standards of Science & Technology, Humanities and Business education/training in Pakistan and to meet the challenging needs of Pakistan’s economy.
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates must have minimum Eighteen years of education (i.e. MS / ME/ MPhil)
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
- Maximum age:
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations
- 35 years for all others
- The candidates will have to obtain 50 or above marks in the HEC aptitude/scholarship test.
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
- The candidate must have acquired the requisite qualification on or before
How To Apply
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the printed copy of online application form:
- Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials. Equivalence of the foreign qualification/s from IBCC/ HEC will be provided with the application form.
- Attested photocopy of domicile and CNIC
- Statement of Purpose (One Page)
- Research Proposal based on indigenous issues.
- NOC from the employer for in-service candidates (only for Government employees).
- Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favour of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL Aabpara Branch Islamabad as processing fee (Bank Draft is not acceptable)
For any query feel free to contact HEC Call Center UAN: 111-119-432(HEC) Or, 0334-1119432(9HEC)