The Ministry of Interior has released a list of public holidays to fall in 2019. The notification from the ministry clarifies that Muslim festivals will be subject to change according to the sighting of the moon. In case of a change in the dates for such holidays, a separate notification will be issued.
The holidays include:
- Kashmir Day — February 5 (Tuesday)
- Pakistan Day — March 23 (Saturday)
- Labour Day — May 1 (Wednesday)
- Eidul Fitr — June 5, 6, 7 (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Eidul Azha — August 12, 13, 14 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Independence day — August 14 (Wednesday)
- Ashura — September 9, 10 (Monday, Tuesday)
- Eid-i-Miladun Nabi — November 10 (Sunday)
- Quaid-i-Azam Day — December 25 (Wednesday)
The following dates will be considered bank holidays. However, while banks will remain shut to the public on these days, employees will have to report to work as usual.
- May 6 (corresponding to the first day of Ramazan)
- July 1